State Board of Education – District 11
Hi, I’m Mike Haynes. I’m currently serving on the Utah State Board of Education representing District 11.
I have dedicated much of my life, my time, and energy to support and improve the educational outcomes for students within the state of Utah. I have spent time in the classroom teaching Junior Achievement’s Entrepreneurialism Curriculum, I raise money to meet the needs of the classroom, I led efforts to increase the number of classrooms and schools in our community, and as a member of the State Board I contributed to policy that improves what goes on in the classroom. I love our students, our educators, our administrators, and all of those who do so much for our children in Utah. I’m confident that I will be able to continue to provide the leadership and support this district needs. I’m the right person for this position, and I know if you vote for me, I will continue to use my experience and skills to advance the educational opportunities every child in Utah deserves.
“You could not find a more dedicated, honest, giving person that supports the education of Utah’s kids more than Mike”.
Christmas charity event at WJ Middle with Steve and Lisa James, Barbara Smith, Mayor Ramsey, Principal Kathy Ridding
News & Updates
Utah's Political Process Utah's political process begins every two years in neighborhood caucuses throughout the state where members of each precinct vote for delegates to represent them at county and state party conventions. Delegates then attend the conventions to...
- April 18th–County Convention
- April 25th – State Convention
- April 29th– the final list of Primary Election candidates will be released by the Lieutenant Governor’s Office
- May 18th– ballots are transmitted to military and overseas voters.
- June 9th – June 16th– mail ballots are sent to voters.
- June 16th– in-person voting begins.
- June 19th– voter registration deadline.
- June 26th– in-person early voting ends; however, your county may extend it until June 29th
- June 29th– ballots sent in the mail must be postmarked before this date.
- June 30th– Primary Election Day! Voters can vote at a polling location or drop their ballot off at a designated ballot drop box.